Issue linked button not working on software project

marco.lazzaretti January 24, 2020

Dear all, 

we are running a software project we are not able to have the  issue link feature working on the issue screen. 

Point is:

20200124issuelink.PNGI

All buttons are working but that one! I this because we are speaking of a "software project" as pointed out in the provided other question? 

If so, shouldn't it be, the button not to be shown as option?

As it seems strange to me that an option not available is to be shown, I was wondering if someone can guide me to a solution. 

Clearly we need to link issues ( blocked by ect)

many thanks in advance. 

marco

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2020

Hi @marco.lazzaretti

I managed to replicated this in our test instance.

There is a bug - JRACLOUD-72391 - that mentions the Linked Issues button remains even if linked issues is hidden in the field configuration scheme.

To check/fix this, you'll need to be a Jira Admin - and then:

1. Go to Jira Settings > Issues
  2. Choose Field Configurations and locate the one attached to your project's scheme. If it's not the default and unsure which one, choose Field Configuration Schemes instead and locate using the "project" column
  3. Locate the "Linked Issues" field in the list and check on the right that it's not hidden. If it's visible, it'll have a hyperlink to "Hide" it - if it's hidden, it'll have a hyperlink to "Show" it
  4. If it's got "Show" on the right-hand side, press it to unhide it

^ This is how I created then fixed this issue on our instance.

If not, there are details on enabling / disabling issue linking in this page, and project permissions for allowing issue linking in this page. Let us know if the above does not work and I can explain these in more detail :)

Ste

marco.lazzaretti January 27, 2020

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ many thanks for your time and attention! 
I was able to hide / show the button and now it seems to be working fine! 

really appreciated!

marco

Suggest an answer