Is there any way to have context sensitive Service Desk fields? Showing fields based on others?

Daniel Pasacrita August 18, 2017

So that title is a little confusing, but what I want to do for our service desk is make it so that you can select a radial button option, and based on that selection one of two different fields can appear.

Customer selects "YES" -> Field 1 appears

Customer selects "NO" -> Field 2 appears

I'm pretty sure this isn't possible but I just wanted to be 100% sure.

3 answers

0 votes
Katarzyna Pawlak March 1, 2018

Hi @Daniel Pasacrita,

I'm from InTENSO. Your problem can be solved by our app: Extension for Jira Service Desk. Thanks to dynamic forms feature you can show fields depending on the previous field. So this is exactly what you need.

Please get a 30-day trial from Marketplace. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask our support team.

Best regards,

Katarzyna

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2017

Intenso has a couple of JSD Plugins - Extension for Service Desk and Dynamic Forms that could meet that requirement.  Nothing native in JSD at the moment.

Susan

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2017

Off-the-shelf, no. 

I understand there's an add-on coming soon that will enable it, but I don't know when (probably summit time, as it's that time of the year again)

Suggest an answer