Is there a way to restrict certain people from seeing all the Request Types in Service Desk portal?

At the moment I have 2 Request types on my service desk portal. I want to restrict one of those request from a certain group of people inside my JIRA and I'm not sure if that is possible. I know you can use the customer list and manage that for customers outside of your instance but what I want to do is restrict certain types with people inside my company. I want my HR people to only see the HR portal and my Facilities people to only see the Facilities portal. I don't think this type of permissions exists. 

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Joe Pitt Community Champion Aug 16, 2016

No. If you were on a server you could use a script to disallow the creation after they selected it, but you can't hide them. The only way to do that is to have two projects.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

158 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you