Is there a user-editable custom list field type?

Deleted user August 9, 2018

Our issues have many list fields. 

Can a user, or perhaps a specific user type/group other than Admin, add or delete items to/from the list field?

The preferred method would a list field that would allow user editing from the screen.

The non-preferred method would be for a user to enter Custom Fields and edit the list.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2018

The latest version of Jira allows project admins some control over lists (if the Jira admins permit), but letting non-admin users do it defeats the purpose of select lists.

Use a label field instead, that's intended for users to enter their own "list" and behaves much as a list does.  It's just not a drop-down.

Deleted user August 10, 2018

Thanks again, Nic

Matt Jensen May 11, 2021

In our use-case, the project admin needs the ability to add/edit lists.  Unfortunately from what I can tell, the project admin has no control over lists, only global JIRA admins.  Can we make these lists editable by Project Admins the same way Components are? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Not on Server.  There are a couple of apps in the marketplace that say they provide user administrated lists, but I've not tried them.

Like SWAPNIL SRIVASTAV likes this
SWAPNIL SRIVASTAV October 8, 2021

Hello Nic,

Could you please tell me the names of those couple of marketplace apps you mentioned. It would be really helpful for me.

Thanks in advance.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2021

Can't remember off the top of my head, I've not really needed to look for them.

Like SWAPNIL SRIVASTAV likes this
SWAPNIL SRIVASTAV November 10, 2021

Alright. Thank you for the response.

0 votes
Jennifer Lobo April 10, 2019

Thanks so much for the response , 

We can use the Labels Field as a alternative for component in some cases . But labels are editable by any user in JIRA

Can you please let me know for which JIRA version is this applicable to ?? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events