Is it possible to put a form from another project in the group of another project?

Laurent Souza Ferreira June 10, 2022

Hello guys! How are you?
I have a question, hope you can help. Is it possible to put a form from another project in the group of another project?

For example, I have two projects in Jira Service Management, I would like to bring a form from project A to a group in the portal of project B. Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2022

Hi @Laurent Souza Ferreira and welcome to the Community!

Forms can be copied from one project to another project with the copy to project function in Project settings > Forms:

Screenshot 2022-06-11 at 10.30.23.png

However, forms are not linked to Portal groups: it is the request types that they are associated with that are associated with portal groups. Request types - which you find under Project settings > Request types - are specific to a JSM project and cannot be added to a portal group of another project.

Hope this helps!

Laurent Souza Ferreira June 15, 2022

Hello, @Walter Buggenhout! Many thanks for the reply. It was very enlightening.

My intention was to migrate information from a JSM project to another in same portal. For example, placing the forms from project 1 inside project 2. Making everything a unified portal. However, based on the information provided, this will not be possible. 

image.png

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

Well @Laurent Souza Ferreira, from the configuration end of things you are totally right. If you implement copies of a form and you want to change something later on, that obviously means you'll have to update both copies of the form.

As long as you don't overdo things, your customer can still have this unified experience: he/she will just see the form in the portal, not knowing that it may be different copies behind the scenes.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events