Is it possible to modify the created date manually?

mel vega December 2, 2015

Hi,

I would like to if there is a way to edit the created date ? Indeed I made a CSV import and some created dates mention DD/MM/2017 ! instead of reimporting issues is there a way to manually edit it as only a few issues are impacted?

Thanks

melissa

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2015

If you have a scripting plugin installed you could use that to make the changes you describe.

But I would revisit the CSV import process. You do not need to reimport the whole issue just the following three fields to perform the update you require (and the summary field can be left blank but MUST be included as a field)

key,summary.created date

And then when you import this file map the three fields as you would expect to the JIRA fields and because you are providing the key it will just update the created date.

Refer to the section on updating fields in https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/importing-data-from-csv-185729516.html for more information.

If anyone knows of a better way or a way of doing this through the UI I would like to hear from them.

Phill 

mel vega December 3, 2015

thanks a lot for your answer! it saved my issues! I wass of afraid of reupload all the issues and not to be able to update the wrong ones. thanks melissa

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2015

Hi Melissa Happy to be of service. Thank you for accepting my answer. Phill

Assia Touati March 9, 2020

the link is not working , could you share the solution, i have the same problem , thanks 

Suggest an answer