Is it possible to auto-create a confluence page when creating an insight object?

mxlan May 17, 2019

Is it possible to auto-create a confluence page when creating a new insight object?

Insight automation looks like a potential point of integration but from the documentation it doesn't appear to support this functionality.

It would be great if we could generate a page under a specified space and parent page given the insight schema and object type.

i.e. I create an insight object to track an on-prem server, confluence page is created within IT space, under "Assets" to allow maintainers to add additional information about the asset.

The JIRA / Service Desk interface isn't as good as Confluence for information dissemination, and content editing. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2019

Hi Johnny,

yes, that is possible but you need another addon beside Insight & you're completely right: Confluence is for documentation, Jira for process & Insight for assets.

We use a Insight automation to create a corresponding Jira issue for a specific asset, the creation of the Jira issue triggers a post function, which creates a Confluence page using the Page Publisher addon from catWorkx (Highly recommended!). If you later need to update the page (eg. new comments, field changes, etc). you can triggers this by a post function or manually with an action.

Best

JP

mxlan May 22, 2019

Based on the documentation it looks like a workflow we may be able to adopt. Time to create a POC.

Thanks for the suggestion

0 votes
Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2020

Hi Mxlan

We launched a new app that allows you to create pages from templates through Jira Workflow post-function and store the Confluence page in a Jira customfield to apply more actions like:

Workflow postfuntions

• Update page permissions
  • Update page content
  • Update page title

Workflow conditions

• Check if page was modified after a certain status transition
  • Check if page still has a placeholder

And so much more.

Please give it a try, I believe it would streamline alot of repeated effort on your team

Jira Confluence Workflow Extensions (JCWE) 

Give it a try I am confident you'll love it.

If you have any inquires or requests please drop me an email at admin@innovura.io

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2020

Hi @Najjar _Innovura_ 

Is it with JCWE possible to create a new Confluence space (from a space blueprint) with a workflow-postfunction?

greetings, Marco

Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 30, 2020

Hi @Marco Brundel

JCWE today doesn't support this yet. 

We are working on creating pages from Global blueprints as a post function. However each blueprint needs its own special configuration. So it is alot of effort. 

What space blueprint are you interested in? 

Could you please tell us about your use case here:

https://innovura.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/7/group/11/create/51

Looking forward to hearing from you 

Like Marco Brundel likes this

Suggest an answer