It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

In JIRA, why is my new User Group not showing up in permission schemes - Grant permissions? Edited

In JIRA settings - Permission schemes - Permissions - Edit project permission. When I select Group its only showing 20 of 28 groups. Does anyone know why?

2019-01-02_13-28-56.png

3 answers

0 votes
tom lister Community Leader Jan 02, 2019

Hi @Matt Sneller

If you start typing the group name, using exact case the list will filter to show matches

Hi Tom,

That does not work. The group that I'm trying to add is part of the 8 that are filtered out. Not sure why it's not showing all groups.

tom lister Community Leader Jan 02, 2019

The group picker usually shows the first 20. The potential number of groups can be unwieldy in large installations.

I’m not sure why entering the name isn’t working for your system.

Well, this is odd. I deleted some old groups that we're not using and now I can see my new group in the search results.

Using exact case is the key here. I was running into the same issue.

Same issue just encountered. Created a new group, added people, went to add that group to a project permission in the permission scheme and the group is not listed in the drop-down and typing the name of the group does nothing, it's as if the group didn't exist.

This was perplexing me, exact case was my issue thanks!

Same issue here.

Case sensitive, this was my issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you