I want customer to be able to insert attachments in the customer portal via comment field

Minu Murali May 31, 2021

Hi Team,

I am using proforma forms and as attachment is not currently supported in Proforma, I am using attachments field via Jira Request type. the problem with this is that this attachment field will appear at the top.

While I was raising an issue to Atlassian support, I noticed that they have this feature (image01) but what I have is image 2. I would like to know how I can implement image01. Could you please help?

Thanks

image01.png

image02.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2021

Hi @Minu Murali

the difference will surely originate from the fact the Atlassian own solution is on-prem but the screenshot you provided is from cloud.
There is some difference in displaying - this will be likely not possible to adjust.

Testing on my cloud site I recognize there is an Attachment area/field. It is not like a paper clip icon in comments area but probably this would be an option for you - you could investigate if this suffices:

grafik.png

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Minu Murali June 7, 2021

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for explaining that the difference is due to on prem and cloud instances. I was not aware of that.

I use the attachment field in the requests formgenerally but my use case is different here as I am using proforma and not exposing the form to the customer portal. ( So no request type )

This form is going to be attached to an already existing issue and proforma doesn't support attachment field. But I need an attachment field for this form.

So was trying to see if I can make use of the comment field with the paper clip icon as a workaround.

0 votes
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Hi @Minu Murali ,

It would be really great if you can explain a bit.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Minu Murali June 2, 2021

Hi Kevin,

Apologies for not being clear.

My motive is I want the comment field to be rendered as per image 1.

But my comment field looks like how it is in image 2.

To be a little more specific, I want the paper clip icon with no extra features to be embedded into my comment field.

Like Kevin Johnson likes this
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

Ok, but you want the paper clip look inside Jira project comments ? or in the customer portal?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events