I dont see "Create Shared Objects" permission on the Global Permissions list, why?

Udayangi Mohotti December 11, 2018

I am included in "site Admin" group. Instead of "Create Shared Objects" I see the permission "Share dashboards and filters" on the  global permissions list. Why is this?

I need to create a user group who can create multiple boards,dashboards and reports on a JIRA project.

Why is this permission missing in my global permissions view?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2018

Hi @Udayangi Mohotti,

These are the same, the name changed recently I think.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Create-shared-objects-permission/qaq-p/778415

What are you trying to accomplish with the permission?

0 votes
Udayangi Mohotti February 20, 2019

Hi All,

It indeed it was a permission issue.  "Share dashboards and filters"  was the permission required.

I had made a mistake in the user group I added the  "Share dashboards and filters"  permission.

Sorting that out helped the issue. Also, I needed SITE Admin rights to add this permission to myself.  Thanks all for your input!

0 votes
Udayangi Mohotti December 12, 2018

Hi Patrick,

Many thanks for your response!

I am a SITE ADMIN, additionally I created a separate group to which I have given "Share dashboards and filters" permission ti that group. I am a member of that group too.

I have created a project.  In the process I created a default KANBAN board. But now I need to create another board which I need to create as a Scrum board. These are for two teams. Actually I need 4 boards on the same project. Default board with all  BL items and three others for different dev teams.

When I try to create a board I get this error. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error

• You do not have permission to share. All shares are invalid.
  • The user 'Udayangi Mohotti' does not have permission to share. The owner has not been changed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

searching on that on Alstian documentation tells me that I need "Create Shared Objects" permission.

Could you please let me know what I am missing?

Thanks

Udayangi

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2018

Just because you are a site admin doesn't mean that you have the "share dashboards and filters permission".  Can you please ensure that you have that permission?

Udayangi Mohotti December 13, 2018

@Patrick Cartier [Candylio] I am also a member of a group which I created. For this group I granted share dashboards and filters permission.  That is the reason I was expecting I will be able to create the Jira board.

However today I added the same permission to another group I am in called "administrators", after that I can create multiple boards on my project.

So I now get expected result. However, I need to explore more why adding the permission to my other group did not work. I will post  here if I find the answer.

Many thanks for your time and support!!

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2018

It sounds like a group/permission issue.

Please let us know if you find the answer!

Glad I could help!

Vladimir Baranov October 31, 2019

There seems to be the issue in JIRA cloud. After the upgrade, certain new users don't get previous rights propagated. However if you re-add the same group or add a new group in which new users exist, the issues goes away.

Like Udayangi Mohotti likes this

Suggest an answer