How to view (read-only) workflow in Customer Portal page

Cuong Nguyen May 4, 2017

Hi, 

I am new in Jira and really love it, I just install ServiceDesk 3.5 and everything seam good until one problem.

I can NOT view workflow in Customer Portal page, just only see the status, such as Waiting for Customer, ...

I think that it should be had a link "view workflow" next to the status as attach file Customer_Page.png.

Note: I open full permission for everyone to view workflow and I can see this link in Agent page as attach file Agen_Page.png

Do anyone know how to view (read-only) workflow in Customer Portal page?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2017

Hi

To my knowledge, "View Read-Only" work is a permission which is available only in JIRA not in Customer Portal. Means, only in the Issue View. 

You can adjust the permission scheme on JIRA side as mentioned in this document. 

Thanks, Vishnu, 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2017

Vishnu is right, customers don't get to see the workflow (because it's not necessarily the one they will seem to follow, and frankly, they don't need to know what the process is if you've got it set up right)

You can give them the option to perform transitions on their requests though.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/configuring-the-customer-portal-732528918.html

Cuong Nguyen May 5, 2017

Thanks Vishnu and Nic, I got it

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2017

Thank you Nick for adding your comments. 

0 votes
Carol Jones November 1, 2018

@Cuong Nguyen - Do you have the Extensions for Jira Service Desk Plugin/AddOn/App?  I just put in a request for their development team to look at this as a suggested improvement.  They are taking this back to their team to determine LOE and if it's something they're able to tackle.  While they're determining this, it might be helpful to have others reach out to them as well so they can gage the level of interest.  I know added paid solutions are not ideal, so only suggesting this if you already have it installed for other purposes.

0 votes
Carol Jones October 24, 2018

@Cuong Nguyen -- I also found the below that you can vote on, comment on, watch, encourage friends to vote, share with your AUG members, etc. :)
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-3419

Suggest an answer