How to remove hidden request status updates from client portal ticket?

Adi None March 15, 2018

Hello,

After converting a 'General Request', i.e.: Tech Support, to a 'Hidden from Portal' Request, i.e.: Bug, I'm seeing the Bug Workflow status from JIRA instead of the mapped customer statuses. Am I missing something, or....? Thanks!

To clarify further:

1. All Client Portal requests start as Tech Support requests

2. Once Client Services investigates, they update the request type to the appropriate type, that has its own workflow, i.e. Bug. These request types are hidden from the portal

Client Portal.jpgTech Support Statuses.jpgBug Statuses.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2018

Hey @Adi None

What does the General Request Workflow Statues page look like? 

It could be because you have just changed the issuetype and not the request type? 

Just a thought. Hope you've found the answer already. Let me know if you have other questions! 

Adi None March 19, 2018

Hi @Brittany Wispell, here's what the workflow looks like

General Workflow.jpg

I'm not sure I understand by what you mean changed the issue type and not the request type. The mapping is as follows:

• Customer visible request type = Tech Support. This maps to an Inquiry issue type for which I pasted the above workflow
  • Hidden request type = Bug. This maps to a Bug issue type ... that has a different workflow than the above ... and the status mapping of this is similar to Tech Support. 

Thanks!

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2018

Hey @Adi None

When you turn the Tech Support ticket into a Bug ticket, are you changing the Request Type or the Issue Type.

Do you do this by going to the Issue -> More -> Move

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 6.17.50 PM.pngOr from the View screen in the do you simply change the Request Type. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 6.19.47 PM.png

I am thinking that maybe if you do the first example, it is keeping the request type workflow statues configuration, so you'll need to change the Request Type to the Hidden 'Bug' configuration.

Adi None March 20, 2018

Hi @Brittany Wispell, I'm following the steps from the first example, i.e.: Move Issue, since there are different workflows involved

The mapping is as follows:

Request        Issue     Workflow

Tech Sup.      Inquiry  A

Bug                Bug       B

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2018

Okay so since you're doing the first example. You'll want to make sure that the 'Request Type' changes as well. After you move it check the section of Image 2 and see if these 'Request Type' changed too. 

Thanks! 

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2018

@Adi None did this solution help? If so please accept the answer as a solution, this will help other users find an answer quicker in the community! 

Thanks in advance :)

Adi None May 10, 2018

Yes, it helped. I've accepted the answer. Thank you!

Suggest an answer