How to remove bundled plugin from WAR file?

When building WAR file for web server. Is it possible to remove plugin from bundled plugins? And if yes. How to remove it?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Find the atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip file and remove the plugin from the zip file.

Nic - some are not turn-offable but you may not want them. Can't think of an example though...

Going to try also this and will let you know if it was sucess.

This works. I found the file, unziped, erased plugins. Then placed to folder edit-webapp/WEB-INF/classes and rebuild the war. Thanks

0 votes

It is possible to add "remove file X" to the build scripts.

Question is - why? The bundled plugins fall into two groups - ones that you need and ones you can easily turn off in the UI. I can't think of a reason why you'd want to go to the effort of doing this when it's easier to simply turn them off after installation.

Thanks for tip. I'm going to try this. I need it because I have non standard deployment with Jira 5.2 on jboss 4 and I cannot get Universal Plugin Manager started so I need to remove unwanted plugins from bundled package.

What script should I edit? I looked in build.xml and fund nothing about bundled plugins there.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

62 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you