How to raise a request through customer domain in Jira service desk ?

Nani June 14, 2019

Hi All,

It is possible to configure Jira to receive email request from all users in a certain domain.

We have for example 200 customers, they are all in the different domains. Can I add only one organization domain to one specific project so, if they raise request through domain mail it directly goes to specific project which we described.

For an example:

In jira service desk we have 3 projects as followed by names (swim, water, logs)domain name as follows @swim.com @Water.com @logs.com

If domain name @swim.com send me a mail to Jira service desk for raise the request it should create a ticket in Swim project same as in similar projects

@Water.com to water project and @logs.com to logs project.

Thanks

Nani.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Nolddor [Sweet Bananas]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2019

Hi Nani,

Sadly Jira Service Desk mail channel does not provide any way to create different request based on email domain.

Since you have already 3 different Jira Service Desk projects I suggest you to configure three different emails account, one for each project and restrict the Jira project visibility to only the desired customers on each project, by doing this you will also restrict who can raise a request by email in the related project.

Kind regards.

Nani June 14, 2019

Got it. Thanks for your info.

Do you know how to restrict the Jira project Visibility to only the desired customers.

Thanks again.

Nani

Jack Nolddor [Sweet Bananas]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2019

Sure!

Under Project Settings, navigate to Customer Permissions and configure the permissions as shown below:

Selección_006.png

Then add or invite customer to this project using the Customers menu, located in the left sidebar of the project, in the same place at Reports or Queues.

Kind Regards.

Nani June 14, 2019

Okay gotcha Thanks

Suggest an answer