How to populate values in one custom field based on the value of another custom field?

Sarang Chitre October 3, 2016

Hi,

This is what I want to achieve:

• I have 2 fields.
  • When I select A in 1st field the 2nd field should populate P,Q,R
  • When I select B in 1st field the 2nd field should populate X,Y,Z

How do I achieve this.?

Thanks.

5 answers

1 vote
Julian Abela September 19, 2017

You can use the Select List Cascading as in image attached. the second dropdown will popup depending on the first Dropdown selectionCapture.PNG

Sai Nanduri December 13, 2019

thanks so much..this is helpful!

0 votes
vikram ummagani May 5, 2017

You can create it by using behaviors script.Behaviors appears in the column of add-ons when you install scriptrunner .

0 votes
Gerry Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2016

I don't think that feature exist in JIRA. However you might be able to achieve similar outcome by setting the value on issue creation using workflow post function / validators. Have a look at workflow add-ons listed in marketplace.

There's also developer doc to write your own post function: https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/latest/modules/jira/workflow-post-function.html (cloud hosting)

0 votes
Sarang Chitre October 3, 2016

To clarify,

There are 2 single select dropdown fields.

When A is selected from 1st dropdown,  2nd dropdown field should populate P,Q,R

When B is selected from 2nd dropdown,  2nd dropdown field should populate X,Y,Z

0 votes
Gerry Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2016

I don't understand what you mean by "when I select", when does this happen? When you're searching the issue via JQL?

Suggest an answer