How to move a project from Software to Service Desk

Karrie Dash April 4, 2017

My overal goal is to do two things:

1. Move from Jira Cloud to Jira Server

2. Move projects from Software to Service Desk

How can I move a project that is currently set up as a Software to Service Desk?

Is it easier/better to move the project from Software to Service desk before or after moving the project from Cloud to Server?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2017

To move a project from Cloud to Server, you will need to get a backup of Cloud, import it into an empty Server version to create an exportable version of the whole system, then use "project import" to pull in the issues  (You could try using the Cloud backup directly, rather than going through an intermediate install, but I doubt that will work)

I'm not sure what you mean by "move from Software to Service Desk" - those are both applications that sit on a JIRA Core installation and use the underlying project/issue structure.  You don't "move" the projects, but you can take a Software project and change its type to "Service Desk" to make it behave as a Service Desk instead of a Software one.

Suggest an answer