How to modify Time Tracking if incorrect value entered

Karishma April 7, 2023

I realized Time tracking field stores cumulative values, I accidentally entered an incorrect value. How to correct it?

timetracking.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2023

Hi @Karishma welcome to the Atlassian community.

Please be informed Jira cloud "allows you to edit the logged in time efforts".

But if you ask me "not editable", then I would request to check with Jira project admin or the time tracking plugin support team ( you haven't specified the Atlassian marketplace plugin you are using).

Karishma April 7, 2023

It is default so should be Atlassian. Where to configure this as edit-able field?

Karishma April 7, 2023

Timetracking_1.jpg

Kasia Karska _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 9, 2023

Hi Karishma!

At the bottom of the issue screen, you should be able to see the Work log tab. There you should find the option to edit your worklog.

Karishma April 10, 2023

The screenshot above only has edit global settings button that allows you to change the fields below. As an admin I should be able to correct the work log time spent if I made a mistake.

Timetrackingsettings.jpg

Kasia Karska _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 11, 2023

@Karishma have you tried navigating to the issue on which you want to update the time and then to the worklog tab and edit the existing worklog?

Karishma April 11, 2023

There is no edit option when you click the request and the work log that needs correction. I've tried searching all possible options, cannot find any.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events