How to make an Hidden filed with Preset values on screen to visible?

vira November 28, 2018

I have an issue with bringing up the Hidden fields with preset values (version Picker type) to Visible. can i know the steps or what is the problem which i cant add that field to request type screen.Hidden.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
vira November 28, 2018

I cannot even delete the field which I have added in screen. If I delete ,there is an error in portal. I don’t find any option there, any way to delete that field permanently without error while creating a ticket.

5FC8AEF1-5156-481A-8F36-38B65F89B663.jpeg

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2018

Hello Vira,

Thank you for raising this question.

As you can see in the feature request below, The JIRA Service Desk Customer portal does not support Group pickers, Project pickers and Version pickers Custom Fields:

Several custom field types can't be added to a request type

That being said, our development team hasn't heard many customers asking for groups and versions and therefore they are not on their current roadmap, so please let them know by a comment in the feature request how you'd use it so they can better understand your use case.

Also, please feel free to vote and watch the feature request to increase its priority and be aware of any updates.

Let me know if you still have any questions.

Pieter Martens September 10, 2019

actually we would like to have exactly the same

Heba Salem January 26, 2020

Hi Petter,

I have a similar issue "request type" field  can't be shown in support issue type and I clicked on edit preset value many times with no use 

service desk2.PNG

Suggest an answer