How to hide queue to a specific group

Venu Madhav November 2, 2017

I want to hide a queue from a specific group or user so that the user or group will not see the queue, means it will disappear from the queues list.

It is urgent requirement. so kindly help. 

If solution is not there then please suggest if any alternate solution.

Thanks

Venu

1 answer

2 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2017

If by queue you mean a group of issues within a project you can do it with issue security schemes. You can create a security scheme where only other groups are allowed to see the issue and let them see all issues by default. Or you can automatically apply a scheme that doesn't allow them to see issues and then apply one that does during or after issue creation. 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2017

Hello, 

It is not available out of the box. You need to use the following plugin

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.intenso.jira.queues-extension/cloud/overview

Venu Madhav November 2, 2017

Thank you so much Joe and Alexey for quick response.

So, hiding queue is not possible....

Even If I use the above plugin, a separate queue button is displaying on top. But I want this plugin queue should display in the project as normal queue.

like when we select a project, the queues will displays on the left panel. I want this plugin queue also display in the left panel.

Is that possible? because I want to maintain the queue specific to project. 

Venu Madhav November 6, 2017

Could you please respond?

Like mcaron likes this
Katarzyna Pawlak February 13, 2018

Hi @Venu Madhav,

I am from InTENSO and our team is developing this app which @Alexey Matveev mentioned in his post. We offer two versions: on Jira Server and on Jira Cloud. If you use new experience, icon with Queues app is visible on the left panel (global sidebar). In case of old experience - you're right - it is on the top. The reason is that queues are global and our app allows to create cross-project queues. You can put there all queues in your Jira projects (also using simple feature: Import queues) and define for which groups every queue can be visible. You can read more in our documentation

"I want to maintain the queue specific to project" --> You can define in JQL issues from which project will be display. So you can put there only one, specific project which you need.

I hope that idea of our app is more clear for you. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :) You can also watch our webinar about this app. 

global sidebar.png

Katlego Masanabo August 16, 2018

Hi @Katarzyna Pawlak

i have downloaded this addon and created a group with users in it. i then added a queue to this group and "hid" the queue from that group but the users can still see the queue even after i've refreshed/logged on-off. am i missing something?

please help, i need this to work urgently and maybe purchase it.

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 16, 2018

Hi @Katlego Masanabo,

I'm not sure that I understand you correctly. Do you want to make this queue visible only for group which you created? So, in queue settings add them in the field "Visible to groups". Users, who aren't in this group, won't be able to see this queue.

"Hide"option is dedicated per user and allows to hide queue from general section. Thanks to it, this queue is not visible in the main section and is not loaded every time when you refresh the site.

If you still need a problem with configuration, please create a ticket on our Customer Portal. Our support will be happy to help you! They can also make a demo for you and tell you how to configure this app.

Cheers,

Kate 

Katlego Masanabo August 16, 2018

Hi @Katarzyna

i managed to figure it out. i had queues already created within my projects so i wanted to hide those from specific people in a group.

it makes sense now. can you help me with regards to licensing?

Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 16, 2018

Please send an email to our colleague from support team Agata: agata.grzelczak@deviniti.com and add me in CC (katarzyna.pawlak@deviniti.com). We will help you with licensing.

Suggest an answer