How to disable private request option in JIRA Service Desk with Ultimate Theming / JavaScript / CSS?

Christoph Schmitz February 19, 2019

Hello we run Jira Service Desk and some of our customers are packed within organisational units.

Our problem now is, that our customer doesn't want his employees to be able to raise private requests. All requests they create in the Service Desk portal should be shared with all people within the same organisation.

We also run Ultimate Theming so we are able to use JScript CSS and stuff to manipulate the portal design and behavoir but I'm not really into this kind of coding or webdesign. So is there an option to hide the private request Button or better to change the default in red to "Share with organisation" and remove the Drop Down option?

PrivateRequest.png

2 answers

0 votes
Ursula Eitzen April 11, 2019

Hi,

'We use automation to group customers in the correct organizations' sounds like good idea, but I don't seem to be able to find the IF clause that would check that for me, e.g Organization is EMPTY, because 'is' is not valid in the automation rule set-up for the field Organization.

Thanks for your advice.

Adam April 21, 2020

Organizations = empty

Above should work

Ian Jones May 19, 2021

The above does indeed work to select if the automation should run (if org field is empty) but it is still not clear how to then populate the org field from the users pre-set organisation (ie if they select private because there is no way to remove the private option, so looking to over ride that and then populate it regardless).

0 votes
Kristoffer Bundgaard March 11, 2019

I have the same challenge.

We use automation to group customers in the correct organizations. This overrides any choice they can make and it's very confusing that I can't remove the private request Button. 

Christoph Schmitz March 18, 2019

The automation feature of service desk or some Addon? So you couldn't find any solution tilll now? We're still on this

Kristoffer Bundgaard March 20, 2019

Yes, the automation feature in service desk.

It is very strange that there is no option to hide the private request Button....!

Christoph Schmitz March 22, 2019

I asked another question, if we could solve this using scripts after an issue is created. Maybe this works, I'll keep u on the run.

Suggest an answer