How to configure a custom field to act like label field

Madhu May 15, 2018

I have created a new custom field  with type label and tried entering some values into this field which I would like to see as suggestions when other users type into it, unfortunately these values appear as suggestions in the actual labels field and not in the new custom field. In the new custom field, it asks me to add it everytime as a new label value

Can somebody please answer as to why this is happeneing or what am I doing wrong ?

2 answers

0 votes
Nadav Eckstein December 5, 2019

I'm having the same issue. The label custom field doesn't suggest options when the value already exists. Instead, I need to add it again as a new value.

Did you manage to solve this?

0 votes
Jeremy Sanchez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2018

Hi @Madhu,

I tried to reproduce this behavior to no success. On my testing, I would create labels on my test label field and they would be suggested for me on the test label field and not on the actual labels field. Would you be able to send some screenshots to clarify the behavior you are experiencing?

- Jeremy

Madhu May 28, 2018

Clientname field 1.PNGHi Jeremy,

Have attch some schreenshots. Hope this helps!

In the first screenshot below, you would see that the clientname field is a free text field.

Madhu May 28, 2018

I have created another field of type label and named it as clientname_new and added a value here AGCS. Although have added it, it tells me to add it again when I hit the value instead of suggesting it to me whereas this value appears as suggestions in the 'label field' See screenshot (iii)clientname_New.png

Madhu May 28, 2018

Labels.png

Madhu May 28, 2018

Have you experienced this before ? I also tried reindexing this project but somehow have no success.

-Madhu

Suggest an answer