How to change initial status without changing linked workflows

Stuart Ross February 5, 2020

So I'm starting to create my own workflows and whenever I create a new one it sets me with the default status of 'Registered'.

I've managed to get around it so far by copying other workflows and editing the copies to have my preferred starting status but I assume there's a more standard way of doing it. Every tutorial I've checked out on making a workflow starts it with the status 'Open'.

Is it related to schema by some chance? I obviously don't wanna edit it since it is being used by other workflows but I'm worried I'm going to need to create a custom flow where the preferred starting status is not available anywhere else.

Please and thank you :)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stuart Ross February 5, 2020

Just my luck I figure it out so soon.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-the-initial-status-938847496.html

Above link pretty much solves it for me, just create the desired status before using these steps.

E.g Created a 'Waiting For Support' status transitioned from the default status given, followed the steps in the link. On step 4 select select the new status (In my case 'Waiting For Support'), update and then you can delete the default status since the create node is linked to your new one.

Suggest an answer