2. not able to find the workflow which is inactive making active

6 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

Hello @Laxmipathi Varma

Have you checked out this link? https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-your-workflows-776636587.html 

It guides you through the necessary steps to make a workflow active.

For a workflow to be active you need to associate them with a workflow scheme that can eventually be associatd with a project. I would recommend following the link and hopefully that will answer your question.

cmartinez January 29, 2020

Thanks a lot!!!

Dan Wade December 15, 2022

Thank you for that answer! It save me a good hour of time.

2 votes
Answer accepted
YTZ October 9, 2019

Hi @Laxmipathi Varma 

All the unassigned workflows are inactive until they are assigned to a project.

So in order to active the workflow just go to that workflow which will be in Inactive Workflows and assign it to a project which you needs to. It will automatically gets active

Hope it helps!

Teja

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

Think of active and inactive as indicators of whether a workflow is in use, not a flag you set (a flag would be of no use - what matters is if a workflow is set to be used by a project or not)

Hasmik Stepanyan August 28, 2021

how inactive workflows to do active

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2021

See YTZ's answer and my supporting comment.

0 votes
mariana.garcia June 30, 2020

I'm having an issue here, I followed all the steps and when I have to assign a project to the workflow scheme, I cannot find for my life the option WORKFLOWS inside the configuration of the project.

Following the steps of the link mentioned above is not helping, anyone?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2020

Are you in a Next-Gen project?  They don't have workflow settings.

mariana.garcia July 1, 2020

how can I verify that?

I do have the option of creating workflows or using the default one, but they are all unassigned and inactive

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2020

Look to the bottom left of the screen when you are administrating the project.  It should say something like "this is a next-gen project"

Like Khyati kumar likes this
Khyati kumar August 27, 2020

How to convert next gen project to normal or how to add workflow to next gen projects?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2020

You don't. 

As I said in June, Next-gen projects do not have workflow like Classic.

You can't convert project types either.  Closest you can get is to create a new project of the other type and use "bulk edit" to move all the issues from the old one to the new one.

0 votes
Joanna_Nowak December 18, 2019

It doesn't work for me. When I am trying to assign the workflow to the project it is not listed for me, so I cannot do any action. It's like a dead end. The scheme is inactive, so it's not on the list. It's not on the list, because it's inactive... help!

0 votes
Laxmipathi Varma October 9, 2019

If anyone can help me with the below Question it would be really appreciated it. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Story-points-filed-is-missing-from-the-issue-screen/qaq-p/1198665#M382405

0 votes
Laxmipathi Varma October 9, 2019

Thank you guys I have got an answer and working fine for me, Jira should make it a bit simple the more updates they are making they are making more complicated. I love the Jira older cloud 

Suggest an answer