Story points filed is missing from the issue screen

Laxmipathi Varma October 9, 2019

Stroy points filed is not visible on the issue screen. 

1. I have added the filed in the config - still not visible 

2. I am trying to reload the issue, it is visible while loading the page once it's 100% loaded it's not visible anymore 

SHOT 1: CONFIG PAGE

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 3.18.28 PM.png

SHOT 2: WHERE IS MY FIELD AND ADDING STORYPOINTS

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 3.18.01 PM.png

SHOT 3: ONCE I AM BACK ON ISSUE PAGE STORYPOINTS FILED NOT VISIBLE ANYMORE

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 3.25.06 PM.png 

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Fran, somehow I have fixed the case how:

1. Goto config fields 

2. Issues

3. Edit Configuration

4. Choose applicable context

5. Tick mark: Global context. Apply to all issues in Jira.

6. Go back to the project and refresh the page 

7. Open the story and now you can able to see the story points easily. 

fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

That was my first answer, "field is not defined in the scope of the project/issuetype"

Glad you made it.

Very strange that you can't use the 'where is my field?' feature, it's very helpful in these things.

0 votes

Ya, I love to use the old version where I can finds where is my field since Jira updating new stuff and modifying things it's all-new now. 

0 votes

Once I am where is my filed and finds the Story points and click on those options, my screen getting frozen after that no action. 

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 5.53.45 PM.pngScreenshot 2019-10-09 at 5.53.35 PM.png

fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

Is the field also added in edit issue screen?

Have you tried to give the field some value and check?

Just trying to find clues that help us to understand what's going on

0 votes
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2019

Point 2. in your question "it is visible while loading the page once it's 100% loaded it's not visible anymore" suggest it could be some behaviour you have defined in the field or some kind of javascript.

1. I can that filed is already configured from where is my filed page and added to the issue page

Steps: Open the story > Configure > add the filed > save the changes > come back to issue page 

2. While loading its visible: Yes it is please find the screenshots below 

a) While loading, where you can find the story points option 

b) After loaded 100% there is no story points option 

A) While loading, where you can find the story points option 

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 4.22.44 PM.png

B) After loaded 100% there is no story points option 

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 4.22.49 PM.png

fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2019

You don't have any behavior defined for the customfield nor any other javascript to hide it, right?

Does the field have a value in that issue? jira doesn`t show empty fields in the view screen. Does it appear in the edit screen?

Can you check the admin/where is my field? option and share a screenshot? that should give a clue about the reason.

0 votes
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2019

Is the field defined for that kind of issuetype in that project?

You can check it from the admin>where is my field? button.

I put a field that is not defined for a project and this is what i get:

where_my_field.pngIt's not showing it because is not defined in the scope of the project/issuetype.

As the message says, "To solve this issue, go to 'yourfield'  configuration page  and add it to the scope"

Suggest an answer