How to Archive the Issues in JIRA Cloud

Bollareddy August 21, 2019

Hi, 

Im unable to see the Archive Option for Hiding the Issues in JIRA Cloud. 

Thanks in Advance. 

\

4 answers

3 votes
Jacques February 14, 2023

I just thought about this problem and saw no solution for it in the communities

Looking at the size of the Atlassian company and Jira, it makes me wonder where their focus is at if not resolving such basic problems, which is "archive an issue", because backlogs can be a nightmare to manage if you want to have every problem of your project properly addressed in an issue

What could be done would be: create a "Delimiter Issue", which separates the bottom of your backlog (archived issues) and the top (non-archived ones), image detailing my idea below:
image.png

My solution is an ugly workaround, but I believe it would address properly my problems (and would depend on every manager follow this "behaviour"

Does it work?  Yes.    Is it ugly and heavily dependent on the people that use Jira? Also, yes.    Am I unsatisfied with the solutions provided by Jira versus the price we pay for this tool? Definitely yes.

1 vote
Matthew Bordas September 15, 2020

If you're using a Next-gen project, this is how I solved it:

You can click on the ellipses of the "Done" column and it will give the option to "Clear X Done Issues". By clearing them, it removes them visually from the board without deleting them. You can still find them by searching for "Done" issues in the Backlog.

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 1.23.36 PM.png

In addition, if you're using a Roadmap with your project, you can filter your Roadmap so it hides the "Done issues".

Giovanni Román-Díaz February 16, 2023

Thank you for this!

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2019

Archive is only for data center, not cloud or server

1 vote
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2019

Suggest an answer