It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I archive a project in Jira Cloud?

How do I archive a project in Jira Cloud?

4 answers

Hi @Christoper Lethbridge,

Currently, there is no possibility to archive a project in jira cloud. However, using the permission scheme you can hide the project from the users/group.

Here is the link for configuring a jira permission scheme.

Thanks,

Sravya

It's a basic feature that needs adding in to cloud. Where is this request at the moment (A year later)?

Thanks

Like # people like this
0 votes

Hello,

You would need to create a project permission scheme. This permission scheme must not grant any permissions to anyone. In this case the project will be invisible.

You can find more info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-editing-deleting-and-hiding-projects-844500729.html

Go to Hiding project part.

I would create an archive project and move all the tickets there with the label = project name and delete the old project, so in the future if you want to re-create the project is easy by getting all the tickets with that label.

Nice work around. Crazy that in a product for highly regulated environments there is no way to simply do this .

Like Andreas_Illmer likes this
0 votes
Supreet Atlassian Team Jul 15, 2020

Hi @Christoper Lethbridge

You can refer this documentation to archive a project in Jira Cloud: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/archive-a-project-1013843066.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you