How does the bubble chart gadget work? What does it show?

Andreas Testor June 2, 2016

Hi,

after we've updated to JIRA 7, I tried some of the dashboard gadgets. One that still puzzles me is the bubble chart. What exactly does it show? How is it calculated? What kind of tickets are used to calculate the states?

It seems to show Done tickets, how many people have participated, how many comments have been made and for how long has the ticket been open. Is that correct?

How is "open days" calculated? What influence does the calculation interval have?

As said, I'm not sure what I'm seeing. At first it looks like a pretty clear representation of what's going on in a project but upon closer inspection, I started to wonder why certain bubbles where placed, sized and colored the way they were.

Can somebody shed some light on this? Or point me towards some documentation?

Cheers
Andreas 

5 answers

2 votes
Robin Wright January 9, 2019

There is a description of how the bubble chart works in this table.  You have to click on the notes link to see the detail.  https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver077/gadgets-for-jira-applications-945534780.html

0 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2019

You can watch our new video tutorial about the Bubble Chart for Jira and learn about the most common use cases when this gadget comes in handy.

0 votes
Kevin Chivington January 26, 2018

Regarding the question of "DAYS OPEN" calculation, this may be helpful:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-62075

0 votes
Boris Fernandez February 6, 2017

Hi

As something odd is a bubble who indicates the issue was open for 3 days when in fact it was closed on the same day, but 3 days ago... 

I think the correlation is somehow not right. 

0 votes
iconstantinou January 9, 2017

Hi,

I have the same questions, it would be really nice if we could some answer on this. 

Best regards,

Iacovos C.

Suggest an answer