How does the bubble chart gadget work? What does it show?

Hi,

after we've updated to JIRA 7, I tried some of the dashboard gadgets. One that still puzzles me is the bubble chart. What exactly does it show? How is it calculated? What kind of tickets are used to calculate the states?

It seems to show Done tickets, how many people have participated, how many comments have been made and for how long has the ticket been open. Is that correct?

How is "open days" calculated? What influence does the calculation interval have?

As said, I'm not sure what I'm seeing. At first it looks like a pretty clear representation of what's going on in a project but upon closer inspection, I started to wonder why certain bubbles where placed, sized and colored the way they were.

Can somebody shed some light on this? Or point me towards some documentation?

Cheers
Andreas 

3 answers

Hi,

I have the same questions, it would be really nice if we could some answer on this. 

Best regards,

Iacovos C.

Hi

As something odd is a bubble who indicates the issue was open for 3 days when in fact it was closed on the same day, but 3 days ago... 

I think the correlation is somehow not right. 

Regarding the question of "DAYS OPEN" calculation, this may be helpful:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-62075

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,227 views 14 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot