How do I set the user session timeout for Jira Cloud

Tom Horton January 24, 2020

I need to set the default Jira Cloud user session timeout to 30 minutes. I've seen other posts about changing the bundlet web.xml file, but how do I get to this file? And is there a preference I can set so I don't have to edit the web.xml file after an update?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2020

@Tom Horton 

It's not possible to setup session timeout in Jira cloud or your can edit web.xml as mentioned in the other posts.

However, you can verify your domain in the Atlassian Organisation and setup session duration so that session will be time out for all the users within your verified domain across all Cloud products.

Please refer to Session duration management and Atlassian organizations for more details.

Tom Horton January 27, 2020

Thanks for your reply. I was able to verify my domain and claim the user account now I can manage all my users. After that, I was able to set the standard session duration to 1 hour. That will work!

Thanks for your reply.

Like Veera likes this
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2020

@Tom Horton 

Glad to know you were able to verify your domain and setup the session duration to 1 hour.

Like 米山 諒 likes this

Suggest an answer