It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I leave a company or project?

I got an email notification from a 2 year old project from a company where I no longer work.

How do I leave the project/company so I'm no longer associated with it?

2 answers

Is there a feature request area somewhere? I'm in the same boat. Surely I must be allowed to exit of my own accord?

Yeah, it makes zero sense that someone else would have control over what groups I'm in.

Like # people like this

Same situation here. I've been added to 3rd party Jira instances, and now I can't leave.

Same issue here. I'm suddenly part of the tempoplugin.jira.com instance, without any ability to leave.

This sounds a lot like a GDPR violation. Does anyone here have a Atlassian contact so we can get the priority of this issue raised?

4 votes

@Jim Gay

It sounds like the company did not disable your account in their JIRA environment.

I would not think they would want you logging into their environment for security reasons. I would suggest giving their help desk a call and have them deactivate the account.

*Someone missed a step in the off-boarding process* :)

nick-bitvoodoo Community Leader May 16, 2018

Yes, @Jonathan Smith is absolutely correct. A Jira/Confluence admin needs to remove or deactivate you from Jira/Confluence.

You should contact them and ask them to deactivate your user.

Was this an Atlassian Cloud instance? If yes you can send them this Documentation page and point to "Deactivate or delete users". ;)

Cheers
Niklas

That's... unfortunate. I can access my account, I can update information, I can interact in the environment, but I can't disassociate my email from their system?

Jonathan Smith Community Leader May 17, 2018

No, the company's Confluence/JIRA admin needs to deactivate your account. Give them a quick call or email to complete that task.

I wouldn't @mention the admin in the environment because that will definitely expose the security hole.

*no raise for that person*

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

261 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you