How do I know dates of all transitions in workflow for all the issues for the selected time period?

Jeetesh August 26, 2018

I need to have a report which shows dates of transitions (all the transitions of work flow) for all the issues for the selected duration (Dates).

Like for Issue "ABC-10"

Created -> 05/08/2018

Backlog -> To Do - 08/08/2018

To Do -> In Progress - 10/08/2018

In Progress -> To Test - 12/08/2018

To Test -> To Deploy - 13/08/2018

To Deploy -> Done - 13/08/2018

And so on.....

3 answers

0 votes
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2019

For those interested in a ready to use solution, Time in Status app by OBSS produces reports that show the first and the last last status transition dates for each status. Time in Status also includes reports that show how much time each issues spent in each status, assignee or group.

All report data can be exported as XLS, XLSX or CSV.

Jeetesh June 26, 2019

Hi Emre,

I guess this is the perfact solution I was looking for. Thank you for providing amazing information.

Regards,

Jeetesh

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 8, 2019

Hi, Jeetesh.

Maybe, you will be interested in the function that allows showing time of transitions at your workflow? "Time in status for Jira Cloud" helps to measure the time spent in each status.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

Jeetesh January 10, 2019

Thanks Zoryana,

Let me go through it.

Mark Kern [SaaSJet] January 11, 2019

@Jeetesh

Yes, sure. So our add-on Time in Status for Jira Cloud by SaaSJet allows you to precicely calculate the time that your issues have spent in each status.

For you I think the most valuable and useful function will be generation the report that will show status entrance date.

The report can be exported as XLSX or CSV file.

Mark Kern [SaaSJet] June 26, 2019

Hi@Jeetesh 

Or you can try the application we recently released Issue History for Jira Cloud.

It allows monitoring the date and time every change in the project was made.

The free trial version of this add-on is available at the Atlassian Marketplace

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2018

Hi there, Jeetesh.

As there is no out of the box feature available for JIRA to cater for the requirement that you have here, I would suggest you to check on JIRA Suite Utilities caters to see if the Transitions tab helps you obtain the information you need:

For example:

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 08.38.53.png

Perhaps you can give it a try and let me know how it works on your end?

Jeetesh August 27, 2018

Thank you so much for replying, Ahmad.

I am using Jira cloud and I think this product is not available for Jira cloud.

Thanks a lot Ahmad....

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2018

Hi, Jeetesh.

Did not notice the tag initially on this question. My apologies on that. It turns out that it was no longer supported on JIRA Cloud for quite a while already according to Why is JIRA Suite Utilities disabled on JIRA Cloud?

Moving forward, I had a discussion with a JIRA Cloud engineer to confirm that the add-on was available as a standalone plug in back then before they have the functionality built in to the instances. This was mentioned in the Transitions tab on issue is missing:

- For Jira cloud, this plugin is included and part of Jira, but are being discontinued. Atlassian are working on a new feature that will replace this one, and it is said it will have a "similar feature", but no more info in known about what it is or when it will be launched.

The atlassian support team actually enabled the feature on our account, of course without any promise of it being kept on.

In this case, may I recommend you to reach out to the Cloud Support team via https://support.atlassian.com/contact to seek their assistance of having this feature enabled?

Jeetesh August 28, 2018

Thanks Ahmad,

Let me go through your suggestion.

Thank you very much for prompt and useful information.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
August 28, 2018

Hello, Jeetesh.

You are most welcome. Please let me know how it goes on your end before we wrap this one up. Do share any helpful suggestions that you have encountered that may benefit other users who are looking at implementing similar report on their end. Thanks!

Jeetesh August 30, 2018

Sure Ahmad, I will let you know the result and how it is useful for a particular reporting.

Thank you so much Ahmad.

Jeetesh September 19, 2018

Hi Ahmad,

How are you? Hope you are doing well! Sorry I couldn't reply you since long.

I have tried with your recommendation for contacting cloud support team. I think I am lost. Couldn't do much with the support link.

Thank you so much for your support Ahmad.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
September 20, 2018

Hello there, Jeetesh.

No worries. I am doing well, thank you. Just a mild sore throat due to the weather in Malaysia. 

You are most welcome nevertheless. Were you presented with any error when you open the link? It should redirect you to https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ where you are able to raise the support request:

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 07.56.08.png

Suggest an answer