How do I give a user permission to access only one project?

Laryssa_Carvalho January 25, 2019

I need to create a user for my client so he can access only his project on Jira Software. I tried to create a role, group and permission scheme but this is all too complicated for me and it's not working.

So, what do I have to do exactly to give him this permission? Also, if it's possible I'd like to give him permission only to see the project's issues.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2019

Hi Alexey,

So, I already checked this links but I must be missing something because now the user doesn't have access to any project.

I created a group, added the user to the group and added Jira Software access to this group so the user can log in.

I created a project role and added the group. 

Then, I created a permission scheme, added the project role to Browse Project and defined the project's permission scheme.

What else do I need to do?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2019

Try to use permission helper

System -Permission Helper

When I try to use the permission helper I can't even select the issue from the project I'm trying to give access.

I got it.

I had to access Project settings -> People and add the group I created.

Thank you :)

Suggest an answer