How do I archive issue in a next-gen project?

Rachael Burger October 22, 2019

I'd like to archive/resolve issues in my next-gen project in order to get them off of my main board (like I can do on a Kanban or Agile project, as I recall). Any ideas on how to do this? 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2019

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On next-gen projects, it’s not possible to manually archive issues. After the tickets are moved to the Done column, it will be automatically archived after 14 days and removed from the board.

You can find this information on the documentation below:

After 14 days, issues in the done column will be removed automatically from your board and archived, so the board doesn't get cluttered.

We have some feature requests suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Rachael Burger October 24, 2019

Thanks much, Angelica. This should do it. And thanks also for the links to the feature requests. Best, Rachael

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Krishna Seemakurthy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2020

I was looking for this but there is not such functionality... So what I did was, I have created another next-gen project just for completed tasks and moved them once every month... I have given only read permission to the new project so no one can delete/update those tasks... 

I am an Admin... So I have liberty to create projects on the fly... 

Melissa Marks April 9, 2020

Hi Krishna, 

I am trying to do the same thing for my project (I am an admin as well). Just to clarify, the issues that are marked as done were not automatically archived? 

I am trying to prepare this for my new next gen project. 

Suggest an answer