How can i calculate the sum of estimated hrs of the children issues for an Epic by using Automation

Ellen Beentjes December 18, 2020

I would like to calculate the Estimated time (hrs) of an Epic based on the sum of the related issues (children).

I created an Automation rule, that I used with storypoints and subtasks but it doesn't seem to work.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this?2020-12-18 16_11_56-Project automation - CloudSuite JIRA.png

2 answers

1 vote
Sherry Goyal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2020

Hello,

Please try using custom field id (of Estimated time (hrs)) instead of field name. Something like:

{{issue.subtasks.customfield_12345.sum}}

Also, would be good to check the output and log the output in audit logs and see what it is exactly. You can take help from here to debug your rule.

Let me know how it goes and share audit logs too, in case it still does not works.

Thanks
Sherry

0 votes
Nicole Helgeson December 18, 2020

I'd write a filter first pulling all item types under that epic and getting all estimated time form that.  Then you can use that JQL in your automation to pull them all in and sum up the estimated time.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events