• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hide "Done" Issues in Epic Section "Issues In Epic " in Jira

Hi All,

I want to hide issues in the "Issues in Epic" which have the status "Done". I've read something about it here in the forums but I don't think it was what I wanted to achieve.

I've played around with advanced search but I didn't get the desired effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Francis

5 answers

Hi Alexey,

So, I have an epic in my board, and inside that epic, you can create issues in the section "Issues in Epic" by clicking the plus (+) sign. I'm using an epic to track a project, and each issue in the epic is a task.

So naturally tasks complete, and have the status as "Done". Now I have a long list of tasks/issues in the epic, and I want to only see those that are not yet done.

I kinda realize now that this might be a request for a new feature as obviously there's no way to filter the issues in Epic section. There is one though if you create a new subtask for the epic ( i can convert for the time being) but then the issue still remains - You will still get a long list of issues in the "issues in Epic" section which you cannot hide done issues.

Kind regards,

Francis

Hi Francis,

You can use the following bookmarklet to hide them:

for(var q=(d=document)=>d.evaluate("//span[.='Done' and not(ancestor::div[contains(@style,'display:none')])]/../../../parent::div",d).iterateNext();n=q();n.setAttribute('style','display:none'));

Has this been figured out - how can I hide closed issues (tasks) on the epic screen?

Hey Ollie,

Thanks for the response. It's not the one I'm looking for though, as its the issues inside the epic I have to filter out, not the Epic itself.

Kind regards,

Francis

Like Jesse Glick likes this
0 votes

Hello,

Where do you want to hide these issues?

You should set the Resolution field if the task is done. It must disappear from the Epic

Hi Alexey,

Resolution field for the issue is also set to done if the issue is marked as done. It's not disappearing from the list of issues in the epic thoug

I have created a shadow EPIC and moved CLOSED stories there. (Yuck!)

Now we have a board with EPICs as swimlanes, and the filter removes the closed stories.   This allows ranking.

You could rank the closed stories lower than others, and they would go to the end of the list. (tedious)

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you