Hide "Done" Issues in Epic Section "Issues In Epic " in Jira

Francis Lee Mondia July 4, 2018

Hi All,

I want to hide issues in the "Issues in Epic" which have the status "Done". I've read something about it here in the forums but I don't think it was what I wanted to achieve.

I've played around with advanced search but I didn't get the desired effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Francis

7 answers

1 vote
Tom Stachura July 24, 2020

Has this been figured out - how can I hide closed issues (tasks) on the epic screen?

Joan March 28, 2022

Just for the record, there is now a filter option for that:

Captura de pantalla-20220328172335-188x221.png

Alex Sumiński December 28, 2022

How can a select this as a default?!
Every time I come back to this page, or if I refresh after editing all my Resolved tickets are showing up again.
I never need the Resolved tickets. I just want to focus on my current work or on the new tickets I'm adding. 

Like Jesse Glick likes this
Chris January 2, 2023

Hi

I have permanent epics for a platform or service management, adding issues/stories for tasks belonging to the respective platform or service. As mentioned by others, the list of resolved tasks grow over time, and eventually it's very inefficient to search for pending tasks among all resolved ones.

I don't have that menu for the "Issues in epic", I only can add new issues with the plus sign. I wonder what's missing to discable the resolved stories/issues within an epic. Shouldn't be too difficult, should it? Or am I using it wrongly?

Thanks for any input!

Cheers,

Chris

1 vote
Francis Lee Mondia July 5, 2018

Hi Alexey,

So, I have an epic in my board, and inside that epic, you can create issues in the section "Issues in Epic" by clicking the plus (+) sign. I'm using an epic to track a project, and each issue in the epic is a task.

So naturally tasks complete, and have the status as "Done". Now I have a long list of tasks/issues in the epic, and I want to only see those that are not yet done.

I kinda realize now that this might be a request for a new feature as obviously there's no way to filter the issues in Epic section. There is one though if you create a new subtask for the epic ( i can convert for the time being) but then the issue still remains - You will still get a long list of issues in the "issues in Epic" section which you cannot hide done issues.

Kind regards,

Francis

henry December 30, 2018

Hi Francis,

You can use the following bookmarklet to hide them:

for(var q=(d=document)=>d.evaluate("//span[.='Done' and not(ancestor::div[contains(@style,'display:none')])]/../../../parent::div",d).iterateNext();n=q();n.setAttribute('style','display:none'));

Like # people like this
0 votes
Anshuman Anshuman July 17, 2021

Each Epic also has filed named "Epic Status" move it to done if all the US is done for the epic it will not be visible in Active Epic list pane of backlog . 

0 votes
Ariana M_ Winder July 6, 2021

We have a status category filter on the roadmap page to select only 'To Do' and 'In Progress' which excludes 'Done'

0 votes
David Harvey December 16, 2020

I have created a shadow EPIC and moved CLOSED stories there. (Yuck!)

Now we have a board with EPICs as swimlanes, and the filter removes the closed stories.   This allows ranking.

You could rank the closed stories lower than others, and they would go to the end of the list. (tedious)

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2018

Hello,

Where do you want to hide these issues?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2018

You should set the Resolution field if the task is done. It must disappear from the Epic

Francis Lee Mondia July 5, 2018

Hi Alexey,

Resolution field for the issue is also set to done if the issue is marked as done. It's not disappearing from the list of issues in the epic thoug

Francis Lee Mondia July 4, 2018

Hey Ollie,

Thanks for the response. It's not the one I'm looking for though, as its the issues inside the epic I have to filter out, not the Epic itself.

Kind regards,

Francis

Like Jesse Glick likes this

Suggest an answer