Expose a customer dashboard on the customer portal?

Lior Schwartz September 28, 2016

Hello

We have 25 service desk users and 200 customer users.

Only the 25 service desk users may work on the tickets, servicing the 200 customer users that are able to create tickets via the customer portal.

I would like to create a customer dashboard so that customers can see the entire workload and categorization of all logged tickets (sort of a live SLA report)

I have tried adding the 200 customer users to a group and sharing a dashboard with that group, even giving the 200 users browse permission to the desired project, yet the dashboard menu is not visible to them on the customer portal?

Am I going about this wrong? Does the customer portal allow for dashboards? The goal is to have a url that customers can navigate to and see a shared dashboard so that we don't have to generate printed reports for distribution.

4 answers

3 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 17, 2021

Hi @erika and @Lior Schwartz

We provide a commercial app that allows you to create dashboards and share them externally, without giving access to your Jira instances, so no need to create extra seats for the dashboard viewers.

The app is called Ronin Dashboards for Jira, although it's cloud, we're working on the data center version.

We provide pre-defined templates, so you can up and running in less than a minute:

Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 13.01.51.png

You can see a live example here.

Hope this helps!

erika February 24, 2021

Hi

thanks for the update. I have 2 questions.

These dashboards cannot be accessed by the customer through the customer portal?

Can I have different dashboards for different clients?

Thanks

ERika

Like Gorka Puente _Appfire_ likes this
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 24, 2021

Hi @erika

Currently, for users of the customer portal, you have to share the external link of each dashboard, so they can access. And you could create a different dashboard for each of your customers. We have already an organization doing that exactly, instead of sending manually a pdf with the SLA report, they are creating a dashboard for each customer, and the corresponding external link, so customers can see live SLA reports.

Ping me gorka at roninpixels dot com if you want a quick call to see this in action :)

erika February 24, 2021

Cool that is good to know. I might use that opportunity, let me just play with it a little first. 

erika March 8, 2021

Hi Gorka,

would you be free to connect anytime soon. I am just testing the ronin dashboards out and have few questions. I have messaged your support on WhatsApp but not getting any response. 

thanks

Erika

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
March 8, 2021

Followed up in support, thanks!

2 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2016

Hi Lior,

Unfortunately, you cannot expose your beautifully crafted Dashboard through the Customer Portal. The dashboarding functionality is part of JIRA Software and JIRA Core, but not of JIRA Service Desk.

To have some insight on the status of tickets, your Service Desk users can have a look at the 'Requests' page (from the link at the top right corner of the portal), where they at least have some overview of the tickets they reported or that have been shared with them.

This week, an extension to that overview has been added through the introduction of an 'Organization' concept. This much requested feature should allow people belonging to the same organization to have a better overview of all tickets created from their company. And I'm sure more enhancements will follow. The feature is - for now - only available on Cloud instances, not on Server yet.

In the meantime, if you want to expose your Dashboards to you Service Desk customers, you should grant them Application Access to JIRA Software so they can actually access the dashboards. But be aware that that also means they will take up a license seed on JIRA Software.

JA August 9, 2017

Is there any update to this question? Is there now a way to 

expose a customer dashboard on the customer portal?

Like Bruce Menefield likes this
Lior Schwartz June 11, 2018

How we overcame this is by building a web app that displays the data graphically but this is another application to JIRA.

Like jamie royce likes this
Mardhiah Hamid July 24, 2018

hey lior do you have a sample of what you did with the web app? am also looking for ways for our customers to have access to our interactive dashboards

Lior Schwartz July 24, 2018

Unfortunately I am unable to share the dashboard due to confidentiality issues.

Essentially though, we created a JIRA user whose sole purpose is to retrieve the JIRA data set we required via JIRA APIs and stored that in a DB.

Then created a front end web application that charted the data depending on what was required.

Like # people like this
Sharon Conneely February 26, 2019

Hi there,

I have set my users up with a Jira license, as well as customers in the service desk. They are not able to see the dashboard. Instead, they can only see the portal as both URLs redirect to it.  This cannot be correct.  Currently, only those marked as Agents can view the Dashboard.

jamie royce June 26, 2020

@Lior Schwartz thanks for your response here. So was there no way to display gadgets from the Jira dashboard directly in your web application? All I am trying to do is organize dashboard widgets in a more user friendly way and thought I could create a separate web app that accesses the specific jira dashboard gadget and format them in HTML. Is something like this possible from your experience? 

0 votes
erika February 17, 2021

Hi,

Is there an update on this topic, please? I would also like to give dashboard visibility to our customers across the service desk performance.

Thanks

Erika

Priya _View26_
Marketplace Partner
August 8, 2021

Hi @erika,

You can give dashboard visibility to your customers across the service desk via Charts and Reports for Jira Service Management from VIEW26.

You can also refer to the article Expose your beautifully crafted Dashboard through the Jira Service Desk Customer Portal to learn more. Hope this helps!

0 votes
Dean Vincent January 8, 2020

Dashboards can be a little challenging within Jira Service Desk.

Each dashboard can be share with specific user groups (Jira service desk users - agents with a license)

If you use an advanced search to create the filtered list and then export it to the specific dashboard. You will also need to ensure the filter report is share to Jira service desk users so they can seen the dashboard).

I have not yet found a way to publish a dashboard to customers via the portal.

Adrienne Bolger August 21, 2020

I've been evaluting this plugin for this purpose: https://help.view26.com/crfjss/publish-report-s-in-customer-portal/sharing-view-with-a-jira-servicedesk-organization

(No affiliation with the company).  But after a 15 minute eval, this is a pretty nice plugin and it does work!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer