Expose a customer dashboard on the customer portal?

Hello

We have 25 service desk users and 200 customer users.

Only the 25 service desk users may work on the tickets, servicing the 200 customer users that are able to create tickets via the customer portal.

I would like to create a customer dashboard so that customers can see the entire workload and categorization of all logged tickets (sort of a live SLA report)

I have tried adding the 200 customer users to a group and sharing a dashboard with that group, even giving the 200 users browse permission to the desired project, yet the dashboard menu is not visible to them on the customer portal?

Am I going about this wrong? Does the customer portal allow for dashboards? The goal is to have a url that customers can navigate to and see a shared dashboard so that we don't have to generate printed reports for distribution.

1 answer

1 vote

Hi Lior,

Unfortunately, you cannot expose your beautifully crafted Dashboard through the Customer Portal. The dashboarding functionality is part of JIRA Software and JIRA Core, but not of JIRA Service Desk.

To have some insight on the status of tickets, your Service Desk users can have a look at the 'Requests' page (from the link at the top right corner of the portal), where they at least have some overview of the tickets they reported or that have been shared with them.

This week, an extension to that overview has been added through the introduction of an 'Organization' concept. This much requested feature should allow people belonging to the same organization to have a better overview of all tickets created from their company. And I'm sure more enhancements will follow. The feature is - for now - only available on Cloud instances, not on Server yet.

In the meantime, if you want to expose your Dashboards to you Service Desk customers, you should grant them Application Access to JIRA Software so they can actually access the dashboards. But be aware that that also means they will take up a license seed on JIRA Software.

Is there any update to this question? Is there now a way to 

expose a customer dashboard on the customer portal?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,277 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot