Expose a customer dashboard on the customer portal?

Hello

We have 25 service desk users and 200 customer users.

Only the 25 service desk users may work on the tickets, servicing the 200 customer users that are able to create tickets via the customer portal.

I would like to create a customer dashboard so that customers can see the entire workload and categorization of all logged tickets (sort of a live SLA report)

I have tried adding the 200 customer users to a group and sharing a dashboard with that group, even giving the 200 users browse permission to the desired project, yet the dashboard menu is not visible to them on the customer portal?

Am I going about this wrong? Does the customer portal allow for dashboards? The goal is to have a url that customers can navigate to and see a shared dashboard so that we don't have to generate printed reports for distribution.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Lior,

Unfortunately, you cannot expose your beautifully crafted Dashboard through the Customer Portal. The dashboarding functionality is part of JIRA Software and JIRA Core, but not of JIRA Service Desk.

To have some insight on the status of tickets, your Service Desk users can have a look at the 'Requests' page (from the link at the top right corner of the portal), where they at least have some overview of the tickets they reported or that have been shared with them.

This week, an extension to that overview has been added through the introduction of an 'Organization' concept. This much requested feature should allow people belonging to the same organization to have a better overview of all tickets created from their company. And I'm sure more enhancements will follow. The feature is - for now - only available on Cloud instances, not on Server yet.

In the meantime, if you want to expose your Dashboards to you Service Desk customers, you should grant them Application Access to JIRA Software so they can actually access the dashboards. But be aware that that also means they will take up a license seed on JIRA Software.

Is there any update to this question? Is there now a way to 

expose a customer dashboard on the customer portal?

How we overcame this is by building a web app that displays the data graphically but this is another application to JIRA.

hey lior do you have a sample of what you did with the web app? am also looking for ways for our customers to have access to our interactive dashboards

Unfortunately I am unable to share the dashboard due to confidentiality issues.

Essentially though, we created a JIRA user whose sole purpose is to retrieve the JIRA data set we required via JIRA APIs and stored that in a DB.

Then created a front end web application that charted the data depending on what was required.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

79 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you