Exalate licensing

Camille Lecerf August 20, 2019

Hi,

I want to link 2 jira instances with Exalate plugin. One instance is Jira software 2000 users on server and the other is Jira service desk 50 agents on server.

Do I have to install this plugin on both instances? How does the licensing work please?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Camille

2 answers

2 votes
Riddhi Shah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2019

Hello @Camille Lecerf 

I'm Riddhi from the Exalate team.

Well yes, you have to install on both sides but then the Synchronizing is unlimited between platforms. We provide 2 licensing models:

• Instance licensing -  the model, where each instance requires a valid license to synchronize. (which is the one you get from Atlassian Marketplace)
  • Network licensing - the model where only one side pays for the synchronization between instances and is independent on the size of Jira with an annual subscription.

You can find out more on this page: https://docs.exalate.com/display/ED/Pricing+and+Licensing

Let me know if this helps 😃 

Cheers,

Riddhi

Josiah_Sansone May 12, 2020

Hi @Riddhi Shah The link you attached above no longer seems to include any info about the Network Licensing.  I am in a similar situation to the original poster - how can I get pricing estimate on the network license?  

Thanks

BR

Josiah Sansone

0 votes
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2019

If you want to sync both ways you would need the plugin on both instances. If you only need it one way you can only buy for source instance. 

Suggest an answer