Epics not showing up in panel

I have created another scrum board to associate with a project. Unfortunately, none of the Epics show up in the Epics Panel. Any ideas?

Version is 6.2

2 answers

1 accepted

The list of epics depends on the filter configured for the board. For example if the filter returns issues with no Epic associated with them (Epic Link field). Then there will be no filters.
If the filter returns issues associated with Epic1 only then only this epic will show.

This is designed as the Epics on the boards are a way to show less (filter) issues on the board.

Thanks for getting me on the right track here. I did include Epics in the board filter but had also created a constraint based in status.

I think that every board has its own unique identifier. So, your epics are assigned to sprints for a scrum boards which have also unique identifiers. An epic can assigned to several sprints. This is the reason why they are not applicable in the new scrum board. Try to reassign the epics to the new board.

Thanks for your response. I attempted to search the documentation for reassigning an epic and have come up emty-handed so far. But let me ask this, should I clear the one and only sprint I have defined at this time? Would this un-link the epics from the old board?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

82 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you