Embed attachments into custom mail

Blerim Sabanovski October 30, 2019

Hi all,

Just a quick question because I've been roaming the forum for a while and haven't found what I've been looking for.

Is there a way or is it possible to send the last added Attachment from a ticket  into a custom mail towards external user ? Note that I've already made the Workflow trigger but it adds the url towards the attachments and since my external users don't have a Jira account.

They cannot access the file, which from what I've read is due to security restrictions.

Our situation is like this; 

We have to interface with our client Snow and since they decide to send the attachments through a MidServer, they'd like to receive an email with the attachments embedded into it.

I know there are plugins for that kind of work, but we'd like to look into other solutions before that.

Kind Regards,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2019

Hi @Blerim Sabanovski ,

If I understand correctly you are searching for a way to embed attachments into Jira/JSD notifications.

If this is the case then you are correct, there is no way to do so Out Of The Box. We do have 2 long standing feature requests open for this:

As you can read in above tickets, this feature has not been taken into consideration to be added to the product in the near future. However, as you have already found out, there are a number of apps available in our marketplace that can allow you to achieve this including (but not limited to):

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dario

Blerim Sabanovski November 13, 2019

Hi Dario,

Indeed your reply helps me a lot and sums up everything that I've searched.

I've implemented ScriptRunner and Email this issue within our JSD.

But I've got a question concerning ScriptRunner is it possible to catch the attachment in the issue and embed it into the mail ? Not with the a link but the actual file?

Cheers,

Blerim

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2019

Hi @Blerim Sabanovski ,

I don't use ScriptRunner myself so I cannot help much here. However, I have found an old thread in which they discuss the same topic:

Please review above thread and see if it helps (mostly it points to: ScriptRunner - Built in scripts - Send a custom email) .

Also, I am adding the 'scriptrunner' tag to this thread so that you might get further answers from other users.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer