Email From ${email.hostname} - issue

Christopher August 19, 2019

My current Jira Settings under System > General Configuration > Email From is set to ${email.hostname}.

This is working as expected on Service Desk One - emails received are marked from "Service Desk One" however Service Desk Two emails are received marked from "John Doe". John Doe being the agent that comments to the customer.

Can anyone assist in figuring out why my Service Desk Two is placing the agent's name instead of the service desks name?

Thanks,

Christopher 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2019

Hello Christopher,

Currently, for Jira Service Desk, it's not possible to change the "From" name. Customers will receive the notification and it will show the agent full name.
The "From" that you changed works for agent notifications (system notifications) and not for customers.
We have a feature request suggesting the implementation to change the "Email from":
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-702
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Christopher August 23, 2019

Hi Angélica,

This is helpful, Thank you very much!

Christopher

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Tanya B. January 21, 2022

I just tested and confirmed that from the user profile, users can update their "Public Name" and this will change the Customer Notifications to use that name instead.  This way they can then use only their first name or initials, etc.

0 votes
Dovydas Liegus October 16, 2019

Could it be a bug? e.g. we previously were getting Name | domain.com as "From", at least it worked as it should in July. But later it stopped working and always sending as Name | Name despite what is set in the Jira settings.

Suggest an answer