Dropdown names don't show for all users

Colleen Gotling May 7, 2024

I have a field in Jira Service Management called Executive Sponsor.  The field uses a Group to populate the names.  I am using this field in a form.  For some reason, not everyone is seeing the list of users in this field.   We have many user that click on the dropdown and are able to start typing the name to filter the list.  Others, don't see anything and even when they start typing, nothing appears.  What could be causing this issue?  

group.PNGexec sponsor.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Colleen Gotling May 8, 2024

I was able to figure it out.  It was actually in the Customer Permissions in the Project.  I had to check  "customers can search for other customers within their project or organization".

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2024

Hi @Colleen Gotling 

Users with "Browse users and groups" global permission can view and select users or groups from the user picker. Users with this permission can see the names of all users and groups on your site, provided they have the Browse Project permission granted to them in the project.

It's possible that the users having issues may not have these permissions assigned to them. It would be a good idea to start by checking this aspect.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events