Do we dynamically change the customfield values in create and edit screens based on user?

Hi,

I have a requirement that a customfield show only some options to a paticular user.

Suppose my customfield is of type "Multi Checkboxes" and its name is TEMP

it has options as

External

Internal

Other

Now, I should able to show only "External" and "Other" under TEMP for user1 in both Create and Edit screens.

only Internal to user2 in both Create and Edit screens.

Thanks,

Bharadwaj Jannu

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Nope, can't do it natively, you need some code, javascript etc.

There's a more advanced conversation from earlier today that you might want to look at - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/199057/is-it-possible-to-show-few-issue-types-and-category-and-subcategory-to-particular-group-in-jira-5-0-2

Oh, yes, absolutely.

If you create your own custom field type, you can pretty much do what you want with it. This also has the advantage that it does the security work before data goes to the browser, so there's no leaking of potentially sensitive data, probably no need for any javascript, and no way to bypass it.

Thanks for quick reply Nic,

Is it possible to extend the exising custom field type and place restrictions inside the code?

Thanks,

Bharadwaj Jannu

Please suggest help docs related to the requirement.

Thanks in advance,

Bharadwaj Jannu

Thanks Nic for the helper documents.

I got the solution by simply changing the edit-multicheckboxes.vm

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,203 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot