Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to show few issue types and category and subcategory to particular group in jira 5.0.2

Ramesh Udari1 August 7, 2013

Hi,

We are using JIRA 5.0.2 version and we came across one requirment is that we need capabilities to show certain Issue Types and Categories/Sub-Categories of cascade field based on group in project. is it possible in jira 5.0.2?. Please provide your suggestion to achieve this if anybody know solution to this. Advance thanks for your suggestions.

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Ramesh Udari1 August 7, 2013

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for your response on this.

Here i have two questions, i have combined them. Please ses them in below separatly.

1) We want to hide/show few issuetypes to particular group. This we can achieve by using permission schema, but permission schema is common to all issuetypes of project. But in our project we have 4 issutypes and 2 of issutypes we want to show them to few groups users only, it means, is it possible to configure permission schema based on issue types in project?.

2) And also we have requirment that we want to hide few categories and subcategories(option values) of cascade customfield to few groups, is it possible?

Example: Custom Filed A(cascade field)-----> contains following values.

A------> A1,A2,A3

B------>B1,B2,B3

C----->C1,C2,C3

Here we want to hide C option values to particular group users when they login into jira system, is it possible.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2013

No. Jira's security is done at a project level, not issue type or field level.

You can do things with javascript to prevent people actively using issue types, and removing field options, but javascript is easy to bypass and the information is still available to the browser if you use it to hide stuff (i.e. good enough for general usage, but not for actual security)

You can use things like the behaviours plugin to do a lot of clever things with visibility and usage of various options, but it's not going to be comprehensive.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

i am not getting exactly what you want do?

can you confirm this, you want to hide/show cascading field for specific group on few issue types, is it correct?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events