Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Display linked issue list in comments

Hey!

I've set up an automation that's supposed to list all of the resolved linked issues in the comments of the main issue (split from / split to) for the customer to be aware.

At first it seemed that the automation works perfectly, however, I've now noticed, that when there's more than one linked issue, only one of them is displayed with a link and there's only the ticket number for all of the remaining ones. 

Screenshot 2022-09-13 at 17.41.44.png

Screenshot 2022-09-13 at 17.44.39.png

Is there anything I can do to have a proper list with all of the linked issues and their URLs?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Gabrielė Vlasova 

I reproduced the same symptoms using {{issue.issueLinks}} and the lower level smart values {{issue.issueLinks.inwardIssue}} and {{issue.issueLinks.outwardIssue}}

So this appears to be a defect, and I recommend working with your site admin to submit it to Atlassian.  I did not find any similar defects in the public backlog.

As a work-around, I tried writing these with HTML as comments to explicitly add them as smart links but that did not work with the comment markup not recognizing the HTML.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer