Default Issue Link Relationship

Angel Osberg November 29, 2022

When linking issues in Jira cloud, the default relationship is "is blocked by". When people link issues they often times seem to do this so quickly that they leave it as this though it isn't blocked by. More often times than not is is just "relates to". Can that default linking issue type default instead to relates to? 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

According to some answer in this post it appears that the default link type is the first one that is listed alphabetically by Link Name. When I tested this in my Jira Cloud with links in a Software project it did appear that the Inward and Outward link options were being listed based on the Link Name (not based on the text of the Inward and Outward descriptions).

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

I believe you can add a numeric value prefix to your link types to force your desired order. But that is ugly IMO.

Mateusz Kiszka October 25, 2023

It isn't so ugly. The value of the name is displayed only on the configuration page. On the task screen, you see outward or inward descriptions. Of course, I may be wrong.

2.png1.png

Suggest an answer