Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Custom fields not able to be positioned when creating a new issue

Hi community,

I'm able to create a custom field and position it correctly so that it appears how I want it to in the issue view.

However when creating a NEW issue, the custom field appears at the bottom of the pop up that opens when creating anew ticket.
How do I position it so that it appears further up in the new ticket on creation?

New ticket creation.pngExisting ticket placement.png?

Please note: Once created it appears where I want it in the issues or board view.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Kevin Dickson 

It might be that the custom field is in a different position on the View screen as it is on the create screen.

I would suggest checking out these screens and the ordering of the fields (easiest way to do this would be through Project Settings > Summary > Click on the relevant screen scheme, then this will display the screens associated to the Create and View operations.

Hope this helps!

Awesome Callum,
I was actually checking that when your message came in and saw that this was what I needed to do, so all fixed.

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

Regards
Kevin

No worries, glad you've got it sorted!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you