Custom fields not able to be positioned when creating a new issue

Kevin Dickson April 26, 2022

Hi community,

I'm able to create a custom field and position it correctly so that it appears how I want it to in the issue view.

However when creating a NEW issue, the custom field appears at the bottom of the pop up that opens when creating anew ticket.
How do I position it so that it appears further up in the new ticket on creation?

New ticket creation.pngExisting ticket placement.png?

Please note: Once created it appears where I want it in the issues or board view.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Hi @Kevin Dickson 

It might be that the custom field is in a different position on the View screen as it is on the create screen.

I would suggest checking out these screens and the ordering of the fields (easiest way to do this would be through Project Settings > Summary > Click on the relevant screen scheme, then this will display the screens associated to the Create and View operations.

Hope this helps!

Awesome Callum,
I was actually checking that when your message came in and saw that this was what I needed to do, so all fixed.

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

Regards
Kevin

Final result.png

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

No worries, glad you've got it sorted!

Suggest an answer