Custom field with number form 1 to 100

Hi

I would like to add a custom field, where I can pick a number from 1 to 100.

I've added a custom field of the type: Select List but where do I put in the text (numbers)

Hope you can Help.

Thanks and best regards.

Søren P..

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Custom fields--configure (cog icon)-->options :-)

Cheers Christian

Hi

If I follow you path I end up in the View Field Configuration, and there I can only click on edit, Hide, Required and screens.

Could You Be More Specific.

Br.

SOP

Hey,

you have to go to your custom fields page (not field configuration), tehre you have 4 columns, name, type, context and screens. on the far right side you have a cog symbol. Click on it and choose configure--> the find the options link, click on it and enter the numbers....

BTW, you can find all that in the official docs:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+a+Custom+Field#ConfiguringaCustomField-Options

This widget could not be displayed.

here is more step by step process:

if you have existing custom field:

1) go to the view customfield page (usually <URL>/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa)

2) find your custom field, on the right you will see 4 operations, click on configure

3) click on "edit options" and then start typing 1-100 individually

if you want to create new field:

1) click "Add Custom Field" in View CustomFIeld page (see above)

2) Pick Select List

3) follow the next screens.

4) return the view customfield page and repeat the instructions above.

This of course is base off my current version 4.4.1. So it might change a bit depending on the version you are using.

HOpe this helps.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

139 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you