Comments not in Email to Reporter

Danielle Mather February 5, 2019

I'm having some issues with comments showing up in the email that goes to the reporter in JIRA Service Desk. I've reviewed the settings and even did the test of the notification email and the test provides me back the comments but when I am in a ticket, move it to any status and the window pops up, comments are added, and the reporter gets the email it only has the status change. It does not have the comments. 

Any insight???? 

This is what it looks like to the end user.

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2019

Hello Danielle and welcome to Atlassian Community!

For customers to receive comments by email, the notification for this action must be enabled.
Please, go to project settings > customer notifications and check if the notification "Public comment added" is enabled.
Also, make sure that the comments are being added as "Share with customer". If the comment gets the label "Internal", they won't receive the information by email.

Other things that may affect notifications:
- The request type is empty.
- You are the reporter and assignee of the ticket (by default we don't receive updates about our own changes, so being reporter and assignee you won't receive either agent or customer notifications).

Please, check the settings for customer notifications and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer