Clone does not update reporter

Leon Castellanos February 26, 2014

The documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA060/Cloning+an+Issue) states that when an issue is "cloned", field values are retained, and the "Reporter":

• Reporter
    (If you do not have the Modify Reporter permission, the clone issue will be created with you as the Reporter.)

Yet, everytime I clone an issue it retains the original issue "Reporter", making it so the cloner cannot edit the newly created issue. I have tested with a brand new test user which DOES NOT have the "Modify Reporter" permission and it does not set the "Reporter" to that user.

What am I missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Leon Castellanos February 26, 2014

The wording in the documentaiton is not clear enough. It should say "current user" instead of just saying "you". Either way, I fixed it. The issue is the "Reporter" having permission to "Modify Reporter".

0 votes
Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2014

Hello,

From the description, it is you who need to be removed from the modify reporter permission. Not the user you want to be reporter.

Suggest an answer