Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Checklist items imported via CSV

I am currently using the CSV issue import functionality in JIRA which makes my life way easier and helps keeping consistency between issues for different projects.
However, I am using checklists and i want to be able to import the checklist via the same csv as well. 
From what I see so far this is not yet supported.

Am I missing something or can you suggest a good workaround?

Many thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello Lito,

What kind of checklist are you trying to import?

you can import checklist items as issues or even import your whole checklist into a single issue, however, we would need more details to know what would be your goal.

We will be waiting for your answer.

Thank you for the quick reply!

We currently have Tasks and Subtasks that contain checklists like the one below. 
Also we are using the below format of csv file with which we are able to insert issues from cvs files. Can we also have the checkilist items in the same csv file and have it uploaded all together in one go?

Many thanks!

CSV import file.PNGSubtask with checklist example.PNG

Hello Lito,

Thank you for the clarification.

Yes, you can import any data to specific issue fields that you want.

Looking at your screenshot, it seems that you have configured a new Custom field to receive the Checklist topics.

That being said, you can export one of the issues that you have manually populated the custom field using the option Export Excel CSV (All fields) to have a "model" on how you must fill the field to achieve the same format that you have manually configured.

Like # people like this

Ah great! But where is this option?

I can only see the below options in my issues.

export options.PNG

Hello Lito,

In the same page, Click on Advanced search and the option will be displayed in the same Icon.

Like Annaliet Parra likes this

Thank you very much! I found it! 

Have a nice day!

Have a nice day you too, Lito.

Please, feel free to accept my answer to help other Atlassian customers in the community.

Hello here!

I just followed the above solution and my csv is ready with checklist inputs

Now when i try to import this csv , while i map CSV field with JIRA field for checklist related fields i am not getting JIRA fields accordingly. Please help me 

image.png

The Checklist Text custom field suggests that komagal_anandan is using our Issue Checklist for Jira. If you came to this thread looking for help with mapping custom fields when importing checklists, feel free to reach out to us.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you