Checklist items imported via CSV

Lito Rigopoulou August 22, 2018

I am currently using the CSV issue import functionality in JIRA which makes my life way easier and helps keeping consistency between issues for different projects.
However, I am using checklists and i want to be able to import the checklist via the same csv as well. 
From what I see so far this is not yet supported.

Am I missing something or can you suggest a good workaround?

Many thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2018

Hello Lito,

What kind of checklist are you trying to import?

you can import checklist items as issues or even import your whole checklist into a single issue, however, we would need more details to know what would be your goal.

We will be waiting for your answer.

Lito Rigopoulou August 23, 2018

Thank you for the quick reply!

We currently have Tasks and Subtasks that contain checklists like the one below. 
Also we are using the below format of csv file with which we are able to insert issues from cvs files. Can we also have the checkilist items in the same csv file and have it uploaded all together in one go?

Many thanks!

CSV import file.PNGSubtask with checklist example.PNG

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2018

Hello Lito,

Thank you for the clarification.

Yes, you can import any data to specific issue fields that you want.

Looking at your screenshot, it seems that you have configured a new Custom field to receive the Checklist topics.

That being said, you can export one of the issues that you have manually populated the custom field using the option Export Excel CSV (All fields) to have a "model" on how you must fill the field to achieve the same format that you have manually configured.

Like # people like this

Ah great! But where is this option?

I can only see the below options in my issues.

export options.PNG

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
August 23, 2018

Hello Lito,

In the same page, Click on Advanced search and the option will be displayed in the same Icon.

Like Annaliet Parra likes this

Thank you very much! I found it! 

Have a nice day!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
August 23, 2018

Have a nice day you too, Lito.

Please, feel free to accept my answer to help other Atlassian customers in the community.

1 vote
komagal_anandan September 1, 2021

Hello here!

I just followed the above solution and my csv is ready with checklist inputs

Now when i try to import this csv , while i map CSV field with JIRA field for checklist related fields i am not getting JIRA fields accordingly. Please help me 

image.png

Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2022

The Checklist Text custom field suggests that komagal_anandan is using our Issue Checklist for Jira. If you came to this thread looking for help with mapping custom fields when importing checklists, feel free to reach out to us.

Ziad Bakhiet August 21, 2023

Hello @Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_ 

Can you please share the steps of importing and mapping checklists via csv.

Thanks

Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2023

Hi @Ziad Bakhiet

Please review this piece of documentation and let me know if you have any questions. If you're in need of specific support with migrating checklist data, it's best to reach out to our support team via the service portal.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer