Change the creator of an issue

AMEDRANO March 27, 2018

How can I change the creator of a ticket?

It's possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Miller July 5, 2018

I'm still seeking an answer to this question.

I don't have direct SQL access to my cloud instance, otherwise this would be done already.

In my case, I have a Jira Service Desk project.  JSD uses the Creator attribute, so all the emails are going to the person who CREATED the ticket.  JSD has "on behalf of" functionality to handle this, but NOT after the ticket is created.  I'm not finding any quick way to change the Creator through the application layer.  The ACTUAL customer wants to upload a file to the ticket, and he has NO ACCESS to it.

Bill Miller July 5, 2018

Creator-Reporter.jpg

0 votes
Deleted user March 27, 2018

Hi @AMEDRANO,

You will need the Modify Reporter permission on the project to be able to modify the creator of the issue created.

Hope this helps.

Bill Miller July 5, 2018

Reporter and Creator are 2 different fields.

Like Michael Aglas likes this
Deleted user July 6, 2018

Apologies @AMEDRANO & @Bill Miller,

My fault, I assumed incorrectly.  

It seems that you cannot change the Creator field if you have a cloud instance. 

Looking over the community I have found similar questions and responses to this topic. Nic Brough, of Adaptavist, makes a case for the Creator to not be accessible and this is designed behaviour. 

Chris Fuller, of Atlassian, sheds some light on the current state of the Creator field

There are also pending requests within Atlassian's Jira for the Creator field to become orderable.  

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-43387

There are users on those requests who have stated particular use cases for allowing the Creator field to be editable. In my opinion however, the use cases note the simplest source of the issue (I cannot change the Creator field) but not the true underlying problem, which is a lack of visibility in a JSD support portal for customers. 

I suggest voting on the requests and adding your own use cases so that the Atlassian team can understand why the request is needed.

Hope this helps

Like Ulrika Eriksson likes this

Suggest an answer